Integrate an image processing to the hdmi_in design

Abdelkader

Question

Hello,

I am Abdelkader, new zybo board user, i built and implement successfully the hdmi_in design and now i am working on how to integrate an image processing routine, (IP or SDK C++ code) to be applicable on the streamed video.

Can anyone here help give a hand

2 answers to this question

Hi Abdelkader,

I have asked some of our applications engineers about this to see if any of them happen to have experience incorporating image processing. They'll get back to you here on the forum.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi Abdelkader,

This is a pretty advanced project you're looking at. One way you could tackle it would be to create your own custom IP using Vivado's IP creator. Make sure it has an AXI interface so you'll be able to send it commands in SDK. This will allow you to place it in the hdmi_in demo block design. You'll need to know a lot about HDL to do this though.

You could also look into using Xilinx SDSOC. You can learn more about it on our Wiki. We have a demo that uses this hdmi_in platform to create a Sobel Edge Detection filter. SDSOC is not currently free, but you can get an evaluation license for now. We are planning to start selling very inexpensive SDSOC vouchers on our website soon, although I'm not sure when. I think this would be the best way to get started with what you're trying to do though.

Hope this helps!

Tommy

Archived