Zedboard for 3 phase AC motor control system

woody

Question

i am trying to control  my AC motor using Zedboard , but i don't know  how to send PWM signals from that board 

to a 3 phase inverter , and it is supposed to receive analog signals like current, speed , voltage 

please any help  , 

regards 

1 answer to this question

2 hours ago, led said:

i am trying to control  my AC motor using Zedboard

You're also trying to swim in a swamp where there are a lot of alligators.  You need isolation, preferably optical, between your ZYNQ and your motor windings and associated sensors. It all depends on how you do your control. Are you sure that you know enough about what you want to do? 

You might want to start with a non-FPGA solution. Ti would be one place to start. There are a few vendors making appliance or industrial control ICs. At least rummage around on a few web sites to get a lay of the land ( where hopefully there are fewer predators waiting for unobservant prey ). If you look around you can probably find a few FMC mezzanine based solutions that might work on the venerable and still viable Zedboard platform. 

My view of the subject is still guided by my experiences, in a different lifetime, back in school where I had an AC motors lab. We could direct 100's of amps at 100's of volts in just about any direction desired and often in directions unforeseen using highly configurable very robust motor prototypes. I'll just say that it was an exciting and sometimes spectacular experience in which the hairs on the back of my neck frequently stood at attention. Ah... fun times, but at least the nightmares have stopped.

Archived