About programming SPARTAN 3 JTAG

RichTech

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi @RichTech,

I apologize for the delay. Correct me if you have a different board, but the Spartan 3 board that you linked to does not have a USB port.

If I'm interpreting your need correctly though, you should be able to program it with a JTAG HS2 or a JTAG USB in conjunction with the Digilent Plugin for Xilinx ISE.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Is there any difference between both JTAGs?? Thanks for the answer! this is a cable very expensive for a descontinued model, there dont have any special offer for lecturers? professors on digital design? the model board is SPARTAN 3 of DIGILENT!! (look: https://store.digilentinc.com/spartan-3-board-retired/) is a RETIRED MODEL, but the fpga is active still.

Hi @RichTech,

I am not aware of any academic discounts from Digilent specifically for the JTAG programming cables; there is an academic price list available for download on our Academic Pricing page here if you wanted to look through that. Other USB based cables that I am aware of that likely could program the Spartan-3 board are the Xilinx University Program USB JTAG programming cable and the Platform Cable USB II from Xilinx.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived