Network Analyzer

omiga

Question

Hi all,

I need to use the network analyzer feature of the Analog Discovery 2 but it's very slow and basic for extraction as it doesn't use chirps (seems so). Is there any place that I can get the code for network analyzer and extend it by myself.

In addition, I wanted to have the data. not just the plots.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

Hi @omiga

The speed depends on the frequency you are analyzing, like at 10Hz with default 16 period option it takes 1.6 to analyze the particular step...
You also have many other options that can change the 'speed': average, averaging, number of steps, settle time, spectrum/distortions, custom plots/processes...

The data can be exported under File menu or (Ctrl+E) 
You can also use the Script tool to automate the control, data saving.... with JS code

Hi Attila,

Thank you for your comments. For higher frequencies it's ok, but I'm thinking about lower frequencies, something like mili-hertz. In addition, I need to do a more sophisticated network analysis which I'm thinking about using Matlab or C for implementation. I was wondering if I can get idea of how to configure the ADC and DAC to work at the same time with an example code. Is there anything available which I've missed?

Hi @omiga

The NA uses FFT for good noise, DC, distortion rejection. This requires multiple cycles of stimulus signal to be captured.
For faster operation you could reduce the "Min Period" option to 3-4 and number of "Samples" (steps).

You can also use the SDK to create custom application/script.
image.png

16 hours ago, attila said:

Hi Attila,
I've seen that one, thanks to it I was able to get the device recognized in Matlab. However, my question is how can I write to and read from device at the same time. I mean for the network analyzer I need to write to DAC and read ADC at the same time. I tried to write it with Instrument Control Toolbox but the frequency is limited to 1MHz. For writing with SDK I'm looking for a sample to understand how to control both ADC and DAC at the same time.

Archived