Synchronise two Pcam cameras and change Pcam demo video pipeline clock

elizegi

Question

Hi,

I'm working in a video processing application which involves two cameras (Pcam 5C) and they need to be synchronised because the feed of both is going to be compared frame by frame in the FPGA. Right now I'm using the demo of the Pcam as a starting point to get used to it. Is there a way to make both cameras give video synchronised or, at least, give pictures triggered by a pin or register to get both at the same time?

And another question related to the Pcam demo: can the video pipeline work with a slower clock, like a 100MHz instead of 150MHz?

I'm using the ZyBo Z7-10 board now, but it is going to be swapped by a ZedBoard to connect two cameras using the FMC Pcam adapter.

Thanks,

Xabier

2 answers to this question

Hello @elizegi,

If you want to transfer a single frame, I think you should play with the fallowing register IRQFrameCount. Have a look into this Xilinx forum thread: https://forums.xilinx.com/t5/Video/How-to-configure-VDMA-to-transfer-only-one-frame/td-p/818214 

You can work with a slower clock but that will force you to have a smaller resolution. The 150MHz clock is necessary for 1920x1080 data transfers at one pixel per clock. 

Best Regards,

Bogdan Vanca 

Archived