HDMI demo not working

Irfan

Question

Hi,

I am using Zybo z7-20 and i am trying to run Hdmi demo. i have followed this tutorial

https://github.com/Digilent/Zybo-Z7-20-HDMI

Everything works fine generating bitstream etc.

but the problem is  hdmi out  configuration working fine ,its display color pattern and as well as blended pattern but when i connect hdmi IN, Putty gets struck .

actually i want  hdmi walk through in zybo -z7-20 board.

thanks 

waiting for your reply

irfan

8 answers to this question

Hi,

Thanks for your response. 

I mean when i connect hdmi in ( source)  with zybo board, putty stops working and don't entertain any commands further. 

I am using vivado 2019.1 version and i upgraded all the IP then i generated a Bitstream. 

Thanks 

Hi @Irfan,

I believe we will need to upgrade this project ourselves for it to work correctly. I did go through the normal IP upgrade process and confirmed that while the bitstream generated and the sdk project was made, my serial terminal did not correctly detect the HDMI input or keyboard strokes (though the test pattern did display). I will ask another one of our engineers when they get back into the office next week about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Irfan,

My apologies. I confirmed yesterday that Digilent would need to update the demo ourselves to ensure our IPs are all working as expected with any small changes between Vivado versions. The last release version that was tested was 2018.2-2 available on our GitHub here: https://github.com/Digilent/Zybo-Z7-20-HDMI/releases.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Irfan,

I don't know what the release schedule will be. From what I've heard I think there is plans to work on updating our projects to 2019.2 with Vitis in the next couple on months, though we do not have a formal release time frame to offer with these more complex projects (especially in conjunction with Xilinx's new software development platform).

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived