Eclypse pynq image

svaughn442

Question

17 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, svaughn442 said:

So no, I wont be using Jupyter Notebook on this board, but have the main IO on a Pynq board and then send the new waveforms to the Eclypse with a serial link from the Pynq board.

I've gotten both the Linux and Xilinx Standalone ADC and DAC demos running ( though on separate computer development hosts ). I haven't played with the DAC ZMOD too much but the written documentation for the ZmodDAC1411AxiAdapter doesn't match the code.  It's certainly worthwhile building and studying the examples even if you intend to bypass the provided AXI Adapter code.

One very nice features of the Digilent ZMODs are the calibration support. However you intend to wed the Eclypse-Z7 OS to your alternate infrastructure, you'll want to implement calibration.From what you've said it seems likely to me that you want to just eschew the Eclypse-Z7 Linux framework for the Xilinx Standalone environment as I've done.

Hi,

I have been locked out of my account , until I reset my password today. I am using the low level component for the DAC and driving this with a state machine and dual port RAM to create the waveform at a selected PRF rate. So no, I wont be using Jupyter Notebook on this board, but have the main IO on a Pynq board and then send the new waveforms to the Eclypse with a serial link from the Pynq board.

Ping now works, it seems to be running slow. whenever I type sudo su takes about 40 seconds to respond and I get the name resolution error. This would also explain why I can not connect to internet if the Eclypse has some kind of issue running from the SD card. (?)

image.png.98d147c705f073dc4fc19dfaad838f5f.png

You also noticed that route isn't a valid command either, right?

I never did figure out how to verify my Ethernet connection as you can't ping the Eclypse-Z7 from your host either. What I can say is that for the few times that I used the SDK to connect to the Eclypse-Z7, after setting the address, I was able to make a connection to the board from the SDK using the Ethernet Port. You can't use JTAG while the board is running Linux.

I've taken the SD Card out of my board and abandoned booting to the FS until Digilent decides to support it properly. Unfortunately, the FPGA fan doesn't currently work without the Linux FS running. What a mess....

Oh, I should have mentioned that I don't allow development boards to have access to my local network or the internet for security reasons; so I don't have a DHCP server and use static addressing for both host and target when doing development. I sometimes use a spare router for DHCP on a sequestered network but generally this isn't necessary.

On 3/15/2020 at 7:54 AM, svaughn442 said:

When I type ifconfig I get " command not found" 

If we're talking about the standard Debian release for the Eclypse-Z7 ifconfig and ping are not available.

You can set the Ethernet address as follows:  sudo ip address add 192.168.0.22 dev eth0 ( make sure to use an address appropriate for you )

Some newer Linux distributions on FPGA boards require using systemd commands to control the Ethernet port. I find it very confusing moving from board to board.

I have no idea why the Eclypse-Z7 comes with Debian since there's no support for running applications or even copying files to/from the board. I'm hoping that someone is working on making it a workable product.

BTW to shut down the system before powering the board off you need to type: systemctl poweroff  and then supply a password... someone please change that.

Archived