FDwfDeviceOpen error with Python on Mac

Leon

Question

Hi Digilent, I am trying to use dwf.py to generate a square wave using Analog Discovery 2 device from my MacBook, but it always give the error shown below. The WaveForms GUI works fine with my MacBook though. And same code works fine with the device if I run it on my Windows10 laptop. I am not sure if it is a compatibility issue with Python on MackBook?

==========================================================================================================

Generating square wave (1 high, 1 low)...

DWF Version: 3.12.2

Opening first device...

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "DigilentTest_SingleTap.py", line 64, in <module>

dwf_ao = dwf.DwfAnalogOut()

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dwf.py", line 2312, in __init__

super(DwfAnalogOut, self).__init__(idxDevice, idxCfg)

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dwf.py", line 1891, in __init__

hdwf = FDwfDeviceOpen(idxDevice)

File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/dwf.py", line 246, in _errcheck

raise DWFError(err.value, _mkstring(errmsg), (func, args))

dwf.DWFError: ERROR(1): dmgrEnumDevicesEx 0xC12

No connected device found

==========================================================================================================

4 answers to this question

Hi attila,

Thanks for your help. I got below error msg by executing the cmd above. Please help take a look.

% python /Applications/WaveForms.app/Contents/Resources/SDK/samples/py/Device_Info.py
dyld: warning, LC_RPATH @executable_path/../Frameworks in /Applications/WaveForms.app/Contents/Frameworks/dwf.framework/dwf being ignored in restricted program because of @executable_path (Codesign main executable with Library Validation to allow @ paths)
firmware path not found
jtscInit 0x3F5
Reinstall Digilent Adept Runtime

DWF Version: 3.12.2
Number of Devices: 0

Hi @Leon

Please install the dwf.framework from the root of the digilent.waveforms...dmg file to /Library/Frameworks, open the DMG and drag-drop dwf.framework to Frameworks.

I suppose you wave not installed this and modified the python code to load the dwf from the app.

Archived