JTAG HS3 reprogrammed

Lucifer

Question

I have used the digilent JTAG-HS3 programmer simultaneously with other device with FT232H chip and I have probably erased by accident the FT232 chip on Digilent module or there is a problem with drivers - the device is still recognized as Digilent USB serial converter by the system so I think is not damaged, but the cable is not visible in xilinx software. Could you please help me?

19 answers to this question

HI.. I have a  JTAG HS3 that is unable to be detected by Digilent Adept software, https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/software/adept/start?

This is bacause I accidently changed the D2XX driver state using Mprog ftdi SW , Im using a few of the FTDI chips in a project and I changed this programmer FTDI chip by mistake. Is there any way back? Also my company Email address doesnt work on this site so I have used my own Email address... Adam.

Hello,

unfortunately I am also guilty of deleting the FTDI chip of the JTAG-HS3 :/. That's what happens when you have several FTDI based dongles connected at once.

Can you please provide me with a programming file so I can revive the programmer. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Martin

Hello!

We have already two JTAG HS3 cables which will be detected now as a regular COM ports, yesterday everything was working fine - could it be that one machine is reprogramming the FTDI chips?

Coud you send me the tools and firmware for reflashing too?

Kind regards,

Chri

Hi @JColvin ,

Sorry to disturb you, but I have not found other solution.

Same symptoms: The programmer is not recognized by the adept software, JTAG HS3 cable is detected as a 'USB Serial Converter'. Attempts to reinstall the driver cause 'Digilent USB Device' to appear under 'Other devices' with an exclamation mark in front of it and property 'The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device.' After a few seconds  it disappears and shows up again as 'USB Serial Converter'.

Best wishes,

Aleksandr