Waveforms (Demo) to External RIGOL Scope

neounix

Question

Hi.  I am a complete novice to Waveforms and have just installed in DEMO mode on my MacPro (2013).   The installation went perfectly and I opened up the Waveform generator (Wavegen), confirmed a 1kHz sine wave and looked around Waveforms for a way to output this to my Rigol DS1054Z.     

Then, I tried all the options in preferences and at the bottom of the graphical display; but I could not get the signal I generated (any sound) on my speakers (to confirm it was working as expected) before sending the signal to my external RIGOL scope.

I did a quick search on the net and could not find anything that directly addressed getting this simple test setup to work; and so my apologizes for the intrusion and asking such a novice question.

How to I send the Waveforms generated waveform output to an external device via my audio port (or USB port) to my RIGOL scope?

I assume these generated waveforms cannot be directly output to a digital scope until we add a DAC to the output?

Thanks for your help.

2 answers to this question

Hi @neounix,

The demo mode does not actually output signals; it instead shows the available options for each tool, though not every feature is fully implemented in the demo mode. To get the output from the WaveForms software (specifically the Arbitrary WaveForm Generator), you would need either the Analog Discovery 2 or the Analog Discovery Studio, both of which are run through the WaveForms software.

Let us know if you have any questions about either the hardware or the WaveForms software.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived