Type of the FPGA on the NEXYS A7 board

TOIVI

Question

I'd purchased a NEXYS A7 board (part no: 410-292-1) yesterday.  The Built-In Self-Test is working. According to Nexys A7 Reference Manual (https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/programmable-logic/nexys-a7/reference-manual) "The Nexys A7 can be purchased with either a XC7A100T or XC7A50T FPGA loaded." The part numbers of the Artix-7 devices are XC7A100T-1CSG324C and XC7A50T-1CSG324I respectively. The board contains a FPGA with a "ZYNQ-7000 50T CSG324" sticker on it. The ZYNQ-7000 is not an Artix-7 device, moreover, the ZYNQ-7000 has no 50T variant . How can I identify the device? Will the removal of the sticker void warranty?

IMG_20200108_135500_edited.jpg

2 answers to this question

Hi @TOIVI,

Removing that sticker will not void your warranty; it is supposed to only be there for easy reference rather than reading the IC label which sometimes wears off, but this is clearly the wrong sticker. The Nexys A7 should only contain a XC7A100T or XC7A50T FPGA as you previously noted.

Could you let me know the serial number of the board that you have so that we can look into this?

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived