Sol08

Getting Started with Digilent Pro MX7 in MPLABX

Question

Dear All,

I am new to programming with microcontrollers and I have to use the Digilent Pro MX7 kit for a project. I have had a look at the resources on the reference manual, but I am still struggling to configure the kit and compile a basic LED flashing program to it in MPLAB X IDE. Are there any basic tutorials available to help me with this?

Kind Regards

Sol

Edited by Sol08

3 answers to this question

Hi @Sol08,

We don't have a lot of material for MPLAB X for the Digilent Pro MX7, but we do have some legacy content on the Digilent Learn site for the Pro MX7 available here. The content hasn't been updated in a few years so the material may reference the "chipKIT Pro MX7" or the "Cerebot MX7cK"; these are the same board as the Digilent Pro MX7 but with older branding.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

Thank you for your response, I have found the information you posted usefull, and am trying to implement the code in "Software Models and Planning" from Appendices: P01. I am having trouble with line 11 of the "Project1.c" code, where the #include <plib.h> is not found by MPLAB X. After looking at some forums where users are facing similar issues, I found out that this is due to the plib.h library not being included with the xc32 complier, and Microchip have provided a separate download of these files called "Legacy Peripheral Libraries". I have downloaded and installed these files, but MPLAB X is still having trouble finding them. Please could you advise me on how to solve this issue, as it seems these files are key to using the MX 7 pro development kit.

Kind Regards

Sol08

Hello,

I am not certain on how to get MPLAB X to properly recognize the library outside of restarting MPLAB X or making sure the library is directly included with the project folder.

Thanks,
JColvin