nexys A7 not power on

nak

Question

4 answers to this question

25 minutes ago, zygot said:

@nak

I've had the power switch on a few of my FPGA boards go all flakey. Get out your voltmeter and try and see if you can trace the DC power supply coming into the jack.

I cannot measure any 5v coming to the board, it's zero every where. So I should try to replace a new switch? or playing with jumper while leave switch on already damage board somewhere?

6 minutes ago, nak said:

I cannot measure any 5v coming to the board

If there's no voltage at the barrel jack then this would seem to indicate a bad power supply. Unplug the supply from the board and see if there is a at least 5V from tip to barrel. I'm assuming that you are using the correct power supply. To check the switch you can unplug the power supply from the board and use an ohmmeter to verify that the switch opens and closes depending on the position of the switch.

Hello,

As additional follow-up to the helpful feedback zygot has already provided, how do you have the jumpers oriented on JP3 (next to the barrel jack)? I know I have had them switched to the incorrect setup leaving me bewildered for a bit as to why a board is not working when it worked the day before. You are only using a 5V power supply, correct?

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived