Arty S7 Board is not recognised

Kadir Tamkaya

Question

Hello,

I have Arty S7-50 developement board. I used this board for a couple of months without any trouble.  Last time, when I connected it to PC through USB connector, Vivado coudn't connect to the board. When I checked the Device Manager, it was seen there as Unknown USB Device. I checked the driver, it was up to date. I have one more  Arty S7-50 developement board. I tried that and worked fine. 

I can program the board by Platform Cable USB II and works fine. I downloaded FT_Prog software to check if it found the chip. But it didn't. I checked the power pins of FTDI chip, looks ok.

I suspect FTDI chip. Any idea would be helpful.

Thank you

2 answers to this question

Hi @Kadir Tamkaya

Please verify the Properties/ details/ hardware ids of the 'unknown device'.

If the "VID/PID" is correct, there is a system problem with loading the driver.
In this case try using other computer.

If the "VID/PID" are zero, it could be the USB controller damaged or cabling or contact issue in the USB connector.
Try using other cable and other computer connector.

image.png.8688d782905d0d2d23f35d8c897bb718.png

Hi Atilla,

Thank you for help.

I have added USB device properties window. There is no information about "VID/PID" .

I used different computer and cable, but nothing changed. I did connectivity test for the USB connector on the developement board but it looks ok. 

As I said before, I tried another developement board I have. No problem with that. It works. So, I think that the problem is not related to USB controller.  

image.png.ba37de8cfa654cfcd0204b84bf165cde.png

Archived