driver code for pmod acl2 and pmod mic3

myman

Question

I couldn't find any compatible driver code the PMODS MIC3 and ACL2, and wondered if you guys could help me out. basically the setup is that Im using  a microzed board and have good connection to spi and i2c on the microzed iocc, but i cant find any code I can use to read the data, i just want code i can use to compile to c code and talk to the pmods from the board

6 answers to this question

@myman,

I maintain a set of IP cores which I use to interact with my PmodMIC3.  You can find them in this repo.  There's both a simple "bus-less" core, a simple bus wrapper around it, and even a more complicated version with FIFO.  They are designed to work with Wishbone, however, rather than AXI.  If you'd like, you can use this AXI-lite to WB bridge to get from AXI-lite to WB.

Dan

Hi @myman,

In addition to the resources already completely worked on and completed by @D@n, Digilent made an IP core for the Pmod ACL2 available here.

We do not have a Pmod IP core for the Pmod MIC3, though you could look at the Pmod DPG1 IP core that uses the same Analog-to-Digital converter chip that the Pmod MIC3 uses; the difference here would be that rather than using the DPG1_GetPressure function which converts the 12 bits of incoming data to pressure, you would use the function of your choice to handle the 12 bits of the measured audio data. I would recommend looking into the material @D@n made for the Pmod MIC3 though since that will certainly be more comprehensive.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @RayShen,

I apologize for the delay. I believe you are getting overflow errors due to the incorrect SPI mode being used to collect data. I will double check this as well as checking to see how Xilinx SDK handles it's byte assignment and typecasting to make sure it's working as expected.

I'll post some updated library code here (or at least changes) hopefully later today.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived