Calibration error with analog Discover 2 and asus tinkerboard

G_Nome

Question

I purchased a Analog discovery 2 and had an issue in calibration.

DptiIO failed ERC: 0x2

device not calibrated

device configuration failed (enable dvcc)

usb 0.00v 0mA AUX: 0.00V 0mA

Does waveforms have any other error logs i can check? is that a better way to capture the error in linux so that i can put that information here. I will post in a second an put linux system information in a text file.

ErrorAnalogDiscovery2.jpg

2019_10_Hardware.txt

6 answers to this question

I can understand that digilent has compiled adept and waveform for what i believe others mentioned raspberry pi 4 OS. Is this correct?  Is it possible to get the repositories for tinkerboard to also have working copy of adept and waveforms? If so what would i need to do to hasten this type of event? I am guessing the code is propitiatory and it is in the best interest of digilent inc to have it software available on as many platforms as possible so long as it excludes the loss of intellectual property of digilent inc.. If i contact sales force of digilent or digilent's legal team to sign a waver would this help or.. is it not worth the trouble?

No i applied power via the back of the analog discovery 2. I believed this would help.. I also had draw via key board and mouse. 

To clarify I am suggesting this is what is desired via our communication

1. to increase the power of the usb connection. either via increasing the power supply or by putting in a powered usb hub. either which way look for a drop in voltage on the usb volt rail via a high impedance volt meter. Is this correct?  to measure this voltage drop inside the analog discover?

2.RPI 1-2-3 B and AD  are problems..  Run a full test or unit test on my unit to determine they are working correctly.. Get GDB and some known unit tests.. do the same for USB drivers.. consider down loading a broader library. Is this correct?

Thank you i will try to resolve the usb issue and post if come up with a solution. I have move the project over to a raspberry pi 4. I found application of raspeberry pi 3 and analog discovery advantageous and reasonably priced. I also like the open scope and logger with  digilent agent.

Archived