Zybo I2C Master Poled Example

rcjhy8

Question

Hello All,

I am having an issue with running the Master Polled example on I2C with the zynq. I have a base design that is set up and runs the self test and repeated start examples and completes them. My issue is that I hooked up an I2C sensor, added pullup resistors, and it is failing. The only thing I have changed in SDK is that I have found the address of my I2C sensor, 0x57, and put it in place of 0x55. I can place my block design and what not here for referencing. 

Update - I have assigned I2C pins to W19 and W20 to SCL and SDA respectively. 

zybo master polled pic.PNG

3 answers to this question

13 hours ago, BogdanVanca said:

Hello @rcjhy8,

Try to "#set_property PULLUP true" in xdc for both SCL and SDA. 

Is this in Vivado under constraints? I have never made a constraints file before. I believe it made me an xdc file when I set the scl and sda pins to pull up and what not. Would I add it in there?

Thanks,

Russell

Hello @rcjhy8,

Yes, it is in Vivado constraints. Go to "Sources" in your Vivado project. Right click and select add sources. Select "Add or create constrains" and click Next. Create your own constraint file in which you add the fallowing two lines:

#set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN W18 IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { jb_p[3] }]; #IO_L22P_T3_34 Sch=JB4_P

#set_property PULLUP true [get_ports jb_p[3] ]

#set_property -dict { PACKAGE_PIN W19 IOSTANDARD LVCMOS33 } [get_ports { jb_n[3] }]; #IO_L22N_T3_34 Sch=JB4_N

#set_property PULLUP true [get_ports jb_n[3]]

where jb_n[3], jb_p[3] have to have the names of your signals used into your project.

Archived