Required reference manual for embedded vision demo

V94

Question

Hello,

I am new to Xilinx and I am trying to execute the Embedded Vision Demo on Vivado 2017.4 version (attached below). This is my first time working with Block Designs and HLS so can you please guide me on how to successfully perform the mentioned demo project.  Following the Read_me file I have generated the block design of the demo on Vivado. However, I am unable to export the project to SDK as it gives the error "Cannot write hardware definition file as there are no generated IPI blocks" (I am not sure if this is correct next step but I am trying follow the reference manual of z7-20 pcam 5c for this demo as well). Kindly guide me with the steps to be followed in order to get the demo working.

Reference manual https://github.com/Digilent/Zybo-Z7-20-pcam-5c?_ga=2.170407588.585429254.1575373921-868278974.1575373921

Thanks.

EmbeddedVisionDemo.pdf

5 answers to this question

Hi @V94,

If you are just trying to run the Embedded Vision Demo to confirm it works, all you need to do is copy the BOOT.bin file (located in the bin folder of the Embedded Vision Demo source files that are linked within the PDF you attached) onto a microSD card.

If you are wanting to view the project files, you would need to open up Xilinx SDK 2017.4 (opening Vivado 2017.4 is only necessary if you want to make changes to the block design), choose the Workspace location (I choose the sdk folder within the Embedded Vision Demo folder), and then go to File -> Import -> General -> Existing Projects into Workspace, and then click Next. The first radio button option where it says "Select root directory" will have a Browse button; click Browse and select the same sdk folder within the Embedded Vision Demo folder. 5 checked projects should appear in the white box area consisting of the fsbl, fsbl_bsp, pcam_vdma_hdmi, pcam_vdma_hdmi_bsp, and the system_wrapper_hw_platform_0. If all 5 of those are checked, go ahead and click Finish. You will then be able to see the source code and make changes to the project from there.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

hello @JColvin,

I am also trying to run  the Embedded Vision Demo . where can I get main function source just explained in the pdf?

I dont have a micro sd card available now, and I want to add some function in the main function.

how should I do

Archived