Cmod S6: cannot compile example builds

Cescoz

Question

Hello!

I just bought a Cmod S6 board (see: the board).

In the description we see (here the main datasheet of the board):

The Cmod S6 implements the Digilent EPP interface (DEPP) for 8-bit parallel data transfers between the FPGA and a computer attached via the USB Micro connector. DEPP is based on a set of APIs available in the Adept 2 public SDK.

On this page, you can download the sdk, the adept system and the utilities.

Inside the sdk zip file, you can find a description on how to build a solution in Visual C++. The solution depends on your board, so in my case I need to use the DEPP solution.

I followed all the steps in the manual: notice that there is a difference between what is written and what I have to do, because the VC++ version that they use is quite old and things have been moved around (in particular: the location in Steps 4 and 5 have been changed but I still manage to found those variables and insert the correct paths).

However, when I try to build the solution I get he following error:

cannot open file 'depp.lib dmgr.lib'

NB: I am on Windows 10.

Anyone has any idea of what is going on and how I could solve this problem to then compile the solution?

Thank you for your help

Cescoz

2 answers to this question

21 hours ago, attila said:

Hi @Cescoz

The easiest would be adding the required header and lib files to your project.
Make sure to copy the needed libs for 32bit/x86 (from lib) or 64bit/x64 (from lib64).

Hi @attila

thanks a lot for your answer, it did solve my problem!

I was missing the first step, of really including in the solution the appropriate files (I was including only the headers).

Thanks a lot again!

Cescoz 

Archived