How to connect ZEDBOARD XADC to external analog input?

Himani

Question

Hi,

I have a ZEDBOARD which I want to interface it to an analog input signal and see the sinusoidal output. i'm following lab 3 tutorial by Adam Taylor.

So, as for the first step, I tried to connect the signal generator to Vn and Vp. I expected to see the sinusoidal shape of the voltage in XADC dashboard (XADC wizard demo). and also set the ENABLE_ALL_AUXILIARY_CHANNELS check mark, which will include Vp/Vn. 

I set the function generator to frq 50Hz and amplitude 400-600 vpp, or DC also I applied and checked the signal on the dashboard and serial oscilloscope both. But, the board produces no reaction and the Vp_Vn channel still gives an uneven sine wave or i guess its noise or something else. I tried so many times but still i'm stuck at this point . 

Could anyone suggest any solution or PoW ?

Edited by Himani

5 answers to this question

Hi @Himani,

Unfortunately I don't know how I can help you, the lab has not been written by us and there could be lots of things missing or even depreciated in the design. Also it might be just detail you have missed... without further knowledge about the project itself (both Vivado and SDK) I can't help you further.

-Ciprian