Genesys 2 SD card slot

DanK

Question

Hello,

Does anyone have a working example for using the SD card slot on the Genesys 2?

I am trying to use SPI mode and I am not getting a response to CMD0. I just noticed that according to the docs I should be driving "SD_RESET" low to power the card. I am not doing this, but the card still receives power. Is it possible that the PIC24 is still trying to use the SD card slot?

2 answers to this question

@DanK,

I've been using this code for working with SD Cards recently.  So far, I've been successful reading and writing files.

While I've used the reset, and while I start the design with the SD card in reset, I'm not quite certain that it actually resets the card like it's supposed to.  I had some test failures along the way to getting this working that suggest that the reset didn't truly pull power from the card as well as removing the card from the board did.

Dan

Thanks @D@n!

This turned out to be something really dumb: Vivado hooked up MOSI/MISO backwards. I am not entirely sure where it got the pin assignments from. Anyway, I fixed the pins and now CMD0 passes and now I have to figure out why CMD8 is failing... much better problem to have.

Archived