Basys 3 HW Target shutdown (Vivado)

giamico

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm an italian student (sorry for my bad english, i'm still learning it) who is using Vivado 2019.2 for a digilent Basys 3 (Artix-7 xc7a35t-cpg236), OS: Win10 x64.
Synthesis no errors, Implementation no errors, Bitstream no errors, open target, autoconnect, it can access Basys 3, program device and it works... but after 1 minute Vivado reports this red error:

ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-513] HW Target shutdown. Closing target: localhost:3121/xilinx_tcf/Digilent/210183740956A

It happens only after program device; before that there is no target shutdown or errors.

I reinstalled drivers, i tried other cables, i tried other USB ports of my pc, i tried another Basys 3... nothing change.

Thinking that it was a problem of Vivado I already asked for a solution to Xilinx support but they told me to ask you

So, how can I fix it? Thanks in advance to everyone.

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, BogdanVanca said:

Hi @giamico,

This happens when you lose the connection with the Board. Please try on with a different USB cable.

You were right... it was a cable problem, although I tried 5 different ones. The sixth (Anker brand) worked without problems. Thank you so much!

Archived