Arty-7 mb-gcc.exe - Application Error

AlGee

Question

Following this tutorial:
https://reference.digilentinc.com/vivado/getting-started-with-ipi/start
Get to step 7.6 Launch Vivado SDK - Name the new source file main.c, then click Finish then I get this pop-up:

'mb-gcc.exe - Application Error'
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)

I'm also getting the following in the bottom middle window of the SDK
make: *** [subdir.mk:20: main.o] Error -1073741502         arty7         C/C++ Problem

I found a similar post on this site from 2015 that suggested removing 'mingw' from my path. I've done this and still get the pop-up error

I'm guessing the gcc is not installed correctly but what do I do? Any ideas out there?

3 answers to this question

Hi @AlGee,

What version Vivado and specific board do you have? Are you running Vivado and Xilinx SDK 2018.3 and using the Arty A7-35T still? I wen through the tutorial with those pieces of hardware, but was unable to readily reproduce the error you encountered.

I took a look at some other Xilinx threads, such as this one, and it seems that a different compiler could be causing some issues, though I do not know for certain if this is the case. Most commonly, this seemed to be WinAVR, so I would recommend attempting to uninstall that first.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

In reply to your questions I reinstalled Vivado using 2019.1 and removed WinAVR from PATH and all environment variables still the same message?.

Ran out of ideas so now trying to run Vivado under Ubuntu

When compiling the 'c' code in the SDK I'm now getting:

make: *** [zynq-gsg.elf] Error 1

recipe for target 'zynq-gsg.elf' failed

Alistair

Archived