ARTY Web Server Demo

Thomas_Price

Question

I am running into an issue following the Arty web server demo. After importing the project I get some build failure messages. I have tried cleaning the project and replacing xadapter.c file with no success on building the project. Here is the SDK window after I import the project into xilinx SDK 2019.1. image.thumb.png.163ae6408dc5ac79063af5f20cd41094.png

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

image.png

5 answers to this question

Hello @Thomas_Price,

Did you follow the arty-getting-started-with-microblaze-servers tutorial?

Also in this thread are some files that were replaced and this is the final project for Vivado 2018.2 after replacing those files :  Arty_A7_web_server_vivado_2018_2.zip

You can import the Arty_A7_web_server_vivado_2018_2.sdk project sources into your sdk project.

Best regards,

Ana-Maria

@Ana-Maria Balas,

I am trying to follow the web server demo that has the website interface that I originally found thru digilent's Arty resource center. I tried the echo server directions and I am getting an error while launching program. Cannot write to address 0x00h. I already tried changing the file mentioned in the post you linked to no avail. I am wondering whether I can take the echo server hardware design to run the other example.

Hello,

Looking on the project page provided by Xilinx, we found this:

Required Software and Tools

Xilinx Vivado Design Edition 2015.2 (should work in 2015.3 and newer as well, but was released on 2015.2)

It is likely that the errors you get are due to the different version of Vivado that you use. So please install the version that Xilinx recommends.

We understand that you were able to run the webserver on Xilinx 2015.2. This is what you are expected to get. 

When planning to port the application on newer version of XIlinx tools please consider that there are complex issues, like old LWIP version which was changed and seems not to be supported by the newer Xilinx tools versions. If you take a look on our project ArtyZ7-20-DMMShield-Webserver-Demo (based on the LWIP webserver from Xilinx) you will notice that while switching from Vivado 2016.4  to Vivado 2018.2 we had  to switch from  LWIP 1.41 to LWIP 2.02.

Archived