SdSOC tools

zygot

Question

It's embarrassing that I have to ask this here but I have a license for the SdSOC development environment but am unable to download it. I wasted 20 minutes going round and round on the Xilinx  website without making any progress. Does anyone know where the download page for this tool has gone? Xilinx has a new Veritas tool but I don't have a license for that..

7 answers to this question

@asmi

Thanks. Looks like I have a license for something that doesn't exist for my current installations. According to the release notes there is a limited number of platforms supported by Vitas so it's unclear what the future holds for most hardware platforms currently requiring the SDK. Xilinx certainly isn't making it easy to figure out.

8 minutes ago, zygot said:

@asmi

Thanks. Looks like I have a license for something that doesn't exist for my current installations. According to the release notes there is a limited number of platforms supported by Vitas so it's unclear what the future holds for most hardware platforms currently requiring the SDK. Xilinx certainly isn't making it easy to figure out.

You can use Vitis to develop software for HW platforms designed in VIvado (including Microblaze). Didn't play with it yet very much beyond just creating test projects, but it seems that's the way it's supposed to work nowadays. You can still download old versions of software if you want.

1 hour ago, asmi said:

You can still download old versions of software if you want.

Perhaps, but I was unable to get the 2019.1 version of the SdSOC tool; just dumped into an empty non-functional page from any link on the main website. But it's time to update anyway to the most recent tools. For those of use without broadband this is becoming almost impossible. It took me a week to get the 2019.1 Vivado+SDK tools...

15 minutes ago, zygot said:

Perhaps, but I was unable to get the 2019.1 version of the SdSOC tool; just dumped into an empty non-functional page from any link on the main website. But it's time to update anyway to the most recent tools. For those of use without broadband this is becoming almost impossible. It took me a week to get the 2019.1 Vivado+SDK tools...

Try going through the link I provided above, then click "SDSoC Archive" to the left (below 2019.2 label), finally clicking 2019.1 - I was able to start downloading installer this way.

@asmi

Again, thanks for the help.

It seems that Xilinx has an issue with Firefox, even with no add-ons enabled. Even trying to get the unified installer for the 2019.2 tools I never got connected to the login page using Firefox... just lost in space somswhere. I had to use Edge to even download the installer. Horrors!

I'm just curious. Are you on Linux or Windows. It's not clear if the new Vitas software development tools can do everything on Win10 and if it does how complicated that is. I'm assuming that for the SDK side there will be no significant change. This seems less likely for the other tools.

23 minutes ago, zygot said:

@asmi

I'm just curious. Are you on Linux or Windows. It's not clear if the new Vitas software development tools can do everything on Win10 and if it does how complicated that is. I'm assuming that for the SDK side there will be no significant change. This seems less likely for the other tools.

I'm on Windows 7 and 10. The SDK stuff seems to work as usual (except that now SDK workspaces are external to the project), not sure about SDSoC because I didn't use it before.

Archived