zybo z7-20 USB-CDC device class

TANII

Question

Hi, everyone!

I am using zybo z7-20 and, by following the technical tip below, I have recently succeeded in implementing varemetal USB2.0 USB-CDC device class in Zynq to communicate with widows 10 via a serial COM port interface:

https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18841624/Zynq-7000+AP+SoC+USB+CDC+Device+Class+Design+Example+Techtip

Does anybody know if it is possible to establish multiple links from zynq to different widows COM ports via a single USB cable?

I guess this can be achieved without installing Linux on zynq, because most microcontrollers such as PIC can do so.

4 answers to this question

Dear Ana-Maria,

Thank you for the reply. However, it seems that your suggestion is not the one I would like to know.

To my knowledge, the on-board FTDI chip is connected to the micro USB connector. Also, I have succeeded in establishing multiple links via the PMOD connectors using a home-made electric board equipped with multiple USB-RS232C conversion chips. In both cases, however, if I use  FTDI chips, the speed is very low (115200 bau, or something like hat).

What I succeeded was to establish a USB-UART connection via the USB 2.0 Host/OTG port. I confirmed that the communication was done at a high speed of several mega bit per second. In this implementation, I did not use UART-LITE IP package but modified the C program for Zynq shown in the technical tip:helloworld.pdf

Again, I would like to ask if it is possible to establish multiple links from Zynq to different widows COM ports via the USB 2.0 Host/OTG port using a single USB cable.

Kind regards,

TANII

Archived