Reset once and multiple 32768 patterns

laurent

Question

Hi,

I am writing a python script to output patterns on my digital discovery.

I need to have a reset at 0 during 100ns on DIO24=channel 0, then 20000pattern that are repeated. But I do not want to repeat the reset. I have tried many commands of the SDK ref manual, including

Reset = 0

dwf.FDwfDigitalOutRepeatTriggerSet(hdwf,  c_int(Resetn), c_int(1)) # repeat = false

But, no way the reset is always repeated. How to proceed ?

BRgds,

Laurent

11 answers to this question

Hi @laurent

Such pulses can be generated specifying count zero and count-init nonzero.

See the example script: DigitalOut_ResetPattern.py

# DIO-0 or DIO-24 on Digital Discovery
# generate 100ns high pulse after start/init then remain low, since low count is nonzero and high is zero
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutEnableSet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(1))
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutIdleSet(hdwf, c_int(0), DwfDigitalOutIdleLow) # DwfDigitalOutIdleLow = 1
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutDividerSet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(int(hzSys.value*100e-9))) # 100ns (10MHz) prescaler
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutCounterInitSet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(1), c_int(1)) # start high for 1 count
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutCounterSet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(1), c_int(0)) # low = 1 and high = 0

image.thumb.png.20ebde08d3caa6834cfeda848b9ac28a.png

image.thumb.png.041ed21358086c468c99e105fb58984b.png

image.png.c4a7f847e241e33795133ad2fbb88cd2.png

How to set the channel to trigger on ?

dwf.FDwfDigitalInTriggerSourceSet(hdwf, c_ubyte(3)) # trigsrcDetectorDigitalIn
dwf.FDwfDigitalInTriggerSet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(0), c_int(0x0003), c_int(0x0003))

What c_ubyte(3) refer to ? It seems to be kink to channel 0, how to chenge it if I want to trigger on channel 1 ou 2 ?

Laurent

Hi @laurent

The trigger and the received data samples are bit field sets, each value or sample representing a channel:
fs/sample = [bit-0/channel-0] [bit-1/channel-1]...

dwf.FDwfDigitalInTriggerSet(hdwf, c_int(0), c_int(0), c_int(0x0003), c_int(0x0003))
This will trigger on rinsing or falling edge of channel-0 or 1:
0x0003 = (1<<1) | (1<<0) 

In case you use the DIOs first on the Digital Discovery FDwfDigitalInInputOrderSet(hdwf, 1) it will trigger on DIO-24 or 25 otherwise on DIN-0 or 1.

Hi,

I still use the loop between the output and inputs as shown on the pictures above to check my patterns written in Python.
I need to send one burst of signals with a depth of 32101. But, I don't know what to write in the 2 registers dwf.FDwfDigitalOutRunSet() and dwf.FDwfDigitalOutRepeatSet(hdwf, c_int(1)) ?
Whatever I set in these commands, the pattern is repeated. I guess it is due to the fact I read them back, but is there a way to check that are not repeated ?
Here are the plotted result and the python script I use - the configuration is above in the photo.

BRgds,
Laurent

hv_prog.jpg

OTP_digital_HV1.py

Hi Attila,

I spend a week to try to generate the following signals, but I still cannot rise the signals at different times. I tried with 2 methods : pulses and arbitrary pattern, but none of them gave me successful result. I know that the timing are not good, because I was trying to get the right pattern at first. I don't know how to a rising edge at a different time for my 2 signals. I already spend several days on it using the waveforms_sdk_rm.pdf

BRgds,

Laurent

Pattern_HV.png

OTP_digital_HV2.py OTP_digital_HV1.py

Hi @laurent

The default idle output (when not running) is initial value. Your HV patterns starts with 1.
Use this to have idle output 0:
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutIdleSet(hdwf, c_int(HV), c_int(1)) # DwfDigitalOutIdleLow

In order to generate the above signal you should have more 1s in your Prog pattern.

In order to have sample rate at 1MHz use:
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutDividerSet(hdwf, c_int(HV), c_int(100)) # set sample rate
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutDividerSet(hdwf, c_int(Prog), c_int(100)) # set sample rate

HV [1, 1, ... 32032‬ zeros]
Prog [18x 0s, 32000x 1s, 16x 0s]

The run length should be:
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutRunSet(hdwf, c_double(6*32034e-6)) 
or:
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutRunSet(hdwf, c_double(32034e-6)) 
dwf.FDwfDigitalOutRepeatSet(hdwf, c_int(6))

Archived