Vivado2015.4 is not reading cora z7-07s board file

satvik

Question

Hello everyone,

I am working on zynq FPGA systems and curruntly i start working on Cora z7-07s board but when i add board file in vivado 2015.4 of Cora z7-10 and Cora z7-07s then cora z7-10 is successfully recognize and i can see in boards tab but Cora z7-07s is not appear  also i can not find the part XC7Z007S-1CLG400C in part tab. The screenshot is attached. While installing Vivado i make sure that i select zynq 7000 series part to install. Even i install vivado 2016.1 but same problem in that also. 

Parts.PNG

Boards.PNG

xilinxVivado1.PNG

4 answers to this question

Hi @satvik,

I apologize for the delay. The reason the Cora Z7-07s is not present in Vivado 2015.4 and 2016.1 is because Xilinx had not added those parts to their software. From what I know, the XC7Z007S chip (the SoC present on the Cora board) was not added to the Vivado WebPACK version until 2016.3.

Otherwise, if you are looking to follow Digilent made examples for the Cora Z7-07s, I would recommend using Vivado 2017.4 or 2018.2 as those are the versions of Vivado that we have made examples for the Cora Z7, which you can find in the Cora Z7's Resource Center.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello @JColvin,

Thank you somuch for your humble reply and appriciate for that. Actually I have nodelocked permanent licent of vivado but my licence Version limit is 2016.05. I have one question is if  i use Cora z7-07s in webpack version of Vivado 2017.4 then i can use all its functionality? I mean i will going to add PmodeWifi to Cora z7-07s in design project and run my server on sd card so all that i can do with webpack version of vivado because i never used webpack since i had licence.

Thanks and ragards,

Satvik Patel

Hi @satvik,

I believe you can get all of the functionality from the WebPACK version of Vivado (most of us here at Digilent use the WebPACK for most of the work we do). There may be some IPs that require an external license that is not included with WebPACK (or the Design or System edition) versions of Vivado, such as more complex Ethernet or USB IPs from Xilinx. But you would be able to implement a Pmod WiFi with the Cora board; we have an example using the Pmod WiFi with a different Digilent board here as well as a thread on it here and here.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello @JColvin,

Thank you for your reply. I have seen all those examples and i am successfully using pmodeWifi with my Zedboard by one of your post also i developed additional functionalities using C/C++ in SDK . I have develop my own network and communicate between Zedboard, Desktop(with Wifi adepter) and Android device.

Recently i orderd Cora z7 and pmodeESP32. Usally i test my design before i ordere board but in Cora z7 after i ordered i come to know that i have to select Cora z0-7s board instead of Cora Z-10 but you give me the correct solution. so that is very helpful for me 

Apart from that i want some more infromation about PmodeWifi Send and Receive Time calculation live example because in one of my research project i have to send 5000 bytes within 10ms or less. I know the pmodeWifi standard datarate is 1 and 2 mbps but i need standard c or c++ code to validate speed.    

Thanks and ragards,

Satvik Patel

Archived