Arty S7 with Simulink

xinx_92

Question

Hello there,

I´m not really new to FPGA because I'm used to program Xilinx FPGAs via System Generator on dSpace platforms. However I'm really new with out-of-the-box FPGA programming. I got myself an ARTY S7 development kit and i figured maybe it's also "easy" to deploy my Simulink models via Systems Generator on These FPGAs. But unfortunately I have no idea where to start. Does someone of you guys have experience with deploying Simulink models out of Vivado System Generator to the ARTY S7 board?

Thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

It's been a very long time since I used the MATLAB FPGA design approach. I suspect that MATLAB doesn't support all devices or platforms. I also suspect that your answer lies in MATLAB support rather then here. Hopefully, someone else can surprise me.

I think that this site is mostly visited by people with OCTAVE or other MATLAB clone budgets. 

Thanks for your Reply!

I figured out how to Import my Matlab models in Vivado. My question is now, is there a tutorial somewhere how to find out how to use vivado. To set and configure the Input and Output layout of the Pins for example?

6 hours ago, xinx_92 said:

is there a tutorial somewhere how to find out how to use vivado.

Xilinx has a number of documents relating to using System Generator as well as Vivado. This is where to start. Part of the Vivado installation is the Document Navigator a tool to find and download current versions of all documents. By "configuring" pins I assume that you mean setting location constraints for a particular board. Do read the Series 7 Constraints User Manual. When your source code is MATLAB and the System Generator is generating HDL your design flow will be different than the normal HDL design flow.

Hi @xinx_92,

Those of us here at Digilent haven't worked with the MATLAB/Simulink integration so we don't have a direct help or advice for you. Based on this page from the Mathworks website in the "Supported FPGA Devices for FPGA Verification" section, it looks like only the Arty S7-25T version has some premade material (with regards to Digilent's Spartan 7 boards). As zygot already mentioned though; Mathworks and Xilinx support and reference materials will be the best resource for you in your endeavor.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived