Nexys 4 DDR Ethernet Tutorial - Tera Term

Luke Abela

Question

Good Day,

I have followed the Nexys 4 DDR tutorial - getting started with microblaze servers: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-4-ddr-getting-started-with-microblaze-servers/start?redirect=1

I have however run into an issue. I have managed to set up the hardware, and export to the SDK. However running tera term I am met with "connection refused" or "connection timed out". I have managed to accomplish all steps with exception of 12.2 (STDIO) as it is not available in 2018.3. Would there be any suggestions or advice how to remedy this issue?

Regards,

Luke Abela

2 answers to this question

On 10/19/2019 at 2:14 PM, Luke Abela said:

Good Day,

I have followed the Nexys 4 DDR tutorial - getting started with microblaze servers: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-4-ddr-getting-started-with-microblaze-servers/start?redirect=1

I have however run into an issue. I have managed to set up the hardware, and export to the SDK. However running tera term I am met with "connection refused" or "connection timed out". I have managed to accomplish all steps with exception of 12.2 (STDIO) as it is not available in 2018.3. Would there be any suggestions or advice how to remedy this issue?

Regards,

Luke Abela

I reproduced the problem somehow. You need to make sure that you follow the exact steps as they are described in the tutorial:

1. Connect your PC to your Nexys 4 DDR using an Ethernet cable.

2. Make sure you set the static TCP/IPv4 address "192.168.1.XX” for your PC, where XX is a value between 2 and 255, but not 10.

This is important because the board and the PC has to be in the same network , so that's why you set "192.168.1" which is the Network Identifier. The XX is the Host Identifier.

Below is a screenshot of the connection through serial port and what it displays when you run the application.

image.png.7609fe37e817738947af45ad9930eab6.png

3. Connect to Tera Term using the board IP : 192.168.1.10.

You need to open a new connection and set 192.168.1.10, Telnet, TCP port 7.

Cheers,

Ana-Maria

Archived