Support Videos Past Due

Inobu

Time to expound on the support video. Specifically the AD2. Search "analog discovery 2 tutorial" on youtube and the results yields your quick start videos. Those videos are basically a verbal mouse overs. The AD2 is on the Higher end of the price spectrum so user created videos are limited. The only way to increase users/sales is product awareness associated with easy of operation.

The tutorial tasks should be at lower mid level complexity as this product users is not going to spend $300 to test a blinking LED. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR5cEFRO9_s. 

Its all about support and how easy it is accessed.

Inobu 

Hey Inobu,

Thanks for the feedback on the videos!

There is some additional documentation on the resource center here that you might find useful: https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/instrumentation/analog-discovery-2/start

Do you have any specific ideas on videos or documentation that you think might be helpful? I want to create the most useful documentation possible so I love to get requests and feedback directly from users. 

Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn,

Its good that you responded as you are the face of the AD2 as there's no one better to talk to.

It comes down to knowing your users and what their needs are. I do prototyping and my needs varies. I bought the AD2 because it covers the full gambit of potential test features I could be faced with. For me everything is short duration in learning new tools to complete a project is important. Being able to find general information, principles and logic helps to ease the learning curve. Tutorial makes it easier. Sometimes a few tweaks on a tutorial is all that's needed. 

If it were me, I would create a list of expected uses for each feature operation (Scope, Wavegen,Supplies......etc ]) Within each of those feature operations I would pick the most common uses and then divide them in to 3 levels of complexity. That way a user can manage their learning curve.

Get a hold of Microsoft Viso and use the flowchart to create a visual procedure of the tutorial. Use the flowchart it to create your video and refine it. The flowchart should have every step

wire, connection, setting performed. 

When you are ready have co-workers to test the tutorial and identify potential roadblocks. This is the most important step. Observe their test as any trouble they encounter will most likely be encountered by an actual user. Resolve and note the roadblocks in the tutorial and release.

Your objective is to have anyone at any level carry out the tutorial to completion. We all want easy.......

Complaints without solutions is called crying.

I've got to get back to work....

Good luck

Inobu

Archived