chipKIT Max32 Pinout Functions & Descritpions

VCSEL

Question

Hello:

Where can I find information which describes the functions and capabilities of the pins on the board? I have the documents from the website, but do not understand the terminology such as  AERXERR/RG15 or  ECRX/SDA2/SDI2A/U2ARX/PMA4/CN9/RG7. I understand each term, ECRX, RG15 are specific functions, but where can I "decipher" these functions?

Thank You

4 answers to this question

Hi VCSEL,

Those are all of different signals that can be produced or measured on that particular physical pin by the PIC32 chip. The best place by far to find out what all of those signals mean would be to look at Microchip's Family Datasheet for that device. You would then want to look through the Device Overview section which starts on page 33 in this case.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello VCSEL,

So aside from the reference manual pdf located on the Max32 store listing you can also find a ton of information on the Max32 wiki page here. But back to your question, you are correct that each term is a PIC32 Signal or function or sorts. In order to decipher these PIC32 signals you will have to look at the respective microprocessors reference manual. In your case the Max32 uses the PIC32MX795F512L and you can find its reference manual here. In the reference manual you should be able to search for a signal (i.e.  AERXERR) and find its description. Hope this helps.

Mikel

On 4/14/2016 at 9:29 AM, VCSEL said:

Hello:

Where can I find information which describes the functions and capabilities of the pins on the board? I have the documents from the website, but do not understand the terminology such as  AERXERR/RG15 or  ECRX/SDA2/SDI2A/U2ARX/PMA4/CN9/RG7. I understand each term, ECRX, RG15 are specific functions, but where can I "decipher" these functions?

Thank You

Thank you for the replies. The documentation is what I needed.

Archived