PMOD SF3 schematic discrepancy

Tim S.

Question

3 answers to this question

On 10/11/2019 at 2:19 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @Tim S.

The schematic is correct; I confirmed with a multimeter as well that Pin 8 is the reset pin and Pin 7 is no connect. I will update the reference material and request that the packaging gets updated as well.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks, @JColvin,

I have a few additional questions. The schematic shows IC1 as part N25Q512A836SF40G . I was unable to find this exact part on DigiKey, though there are similar part numbers. Also, the reference manual lists an older and smaller flash part, the N25Q256A. Can you clarify? The part is now populated with the larger and newer part due to sourcing supply and demand?

Also, the part number or serial on the IC is: 7JD1 7ZAI5 RW243 with logo ISA . Can you clarify if this is a generic N25Q256 or N25Q512 ?

Tim

Hi @Tim S.,

I asked about this and learned that the 512-bit version was originally planned, but never sold. The N25Q bit that was listed on the reference manual became EOL in February 2018

The current part for this board is a MT25QL256ABA8ESF, though distributors may have the other flash chip. I took a look at the two datasheets for the different chips, but based on the serial number you provided I'm not able to determine which chip variant you have.

Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,

JColvin

Archived