Is SDK Fatal Error xgpio.h: No Such File Related to Implementation and Synthesis Errors?

B SULLY

Question

SDK fatal error:xgpio.h no such file or directory

I am using:

Vivado 2016.4 Design Tools

Windows10 on a Lenovo Ideapad

Zybo dev. board with the Zynq7020

While following the first exercise in The Zynq Book Tutorial. I encountered several errors but they seemed harmless enough since I was able to successfully create and export a bitstream. But now I am wondering if those warning and errors from the IP Integrator stage is causing my inability to build the project LED_test_tut_C.c code in the SDK, receiving fatal error:xgpio.h:No such file or directory.

When looking in "C:\Zynq_Book\first_zynq_design\first_zynq_design.sdk\LED_test_bsp\ps7_cortexa9_0\include", there is indeed no "xgpio.h" file. Could this be due to errors I received in the during implementation? Such as:

WARNING: [Constraints 18-550] Could not create 'IOSTANDARD' constraint because net 'first_zynq_system_i/axi_gpio_0/gpio_io_o[0]' is not directly connected to top level port. 'IOSTANDARD' is ignored by Vivado but preserved for implementation tool. [C:/Zynq_Book/first_zynq_design/first_zynq_design.runs/impl_1/.Xil/Vivado22392YogaFlex/dcp_3/first_zynq_system_axi_gpio_0_0.edf:3791]

I think the first of which was: "ERROR: [Ipptcl 7-1] Could not find packager TCL script '/scripts/ip/ipx.tcl'"

Another was:

ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-2234] Failed to initialize IP Tcl interpreter '::ipgui_xilinx_com_ip_processing_system7_5_5': couldn't read file "C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.4/scripts/ip/xit/1.0/init.tcl": no such file or directory while executing"source C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.4/scripts/ip/xit/1.0/init.tcl" invoked from within "interp eval ::ipgui_xilinx_com_ip_processing_system7_5_5

1. ]"

and

CRITICAL WARNING: [IP_Flow 19-973] Failed to create IP instance 'first_zynq_system_processing_system7_0_0'. Error during customization.

The list continues (can provide full more tcl messages and logs) but I was able to generate a bitstream. Another aggravating factor could be that I ran into the 2012 Microsoft C/C++ Redistributable compatibility issue when starting the SDK from within the IDE. To solve that problem I renamed xvcdredlist.ext in the "C:\Xilinx\SDK\2016.4\tps\win64" folder and launched from the Start menu.

Since most of the errors encountered have to do with input/output and GPIO, I kind of think and hope that the root problem has to do with the following warning thrown in the Vivado 2016.4 IDE / IP Integrator synthesis/ implementation:   "WARNING: [Constraints 18-550] Could not create 'IOSTANDARD' constraint because net 'first_zynq_system_i/axi_gpio_0/gpio_io_o[0]' is not directly connected to top level port. 'IOSTANDARD' is ignored by Vivado but preserved for implementation tool. "

My question is whether all these errors received in the implementation stage are related to the error in the SDK. If that is the case than would solving the following error ( the very first error) solve all? if so how would I go about that? If in your answer you could as much explanation as needed to help me understand how to troubleshoot this myself, it would be most appreciated. As I am new to FPGA development.

This is the tcl command that started it all:

"create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:c_addsub:12.0 c_addsub_0"

and produced this:

couldn't read file "C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.4/scripts/ip/xit/1.0/init.tcl": no such file or directory ERROR: [IP_Flow 19-2234] Failed to initialize IP Tcl interpreter '::ipgui_design_1_c_addsub_0_0': couldn't read file "C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.4/scripts/ip/xit/1.0/init.tcl": no such file or directory while executing "source C:/Xilinx/Vivado/2016.4/scripts/ip/xit/1.0/init.tcl" invoked from within "interp eval ::ipgui_design_1_c_addsub_0_0

1. ]"

If these warnings and errors are unrelated could I successfully download the bitstream to my Zybo board without fixing the errors encountered while using the IP Integrator and only fixing the fatal error: xgpio.h: No such file or directory in the SDK? If so, is the best way to do that?

Finally just to recap my questions are to help me understand the warning/error messages and ultimately resolve the xgpio.h no such file error, and as follows in no particular order:

• What dose first_zynq_systemj/axi_gpio[0] is not directly connected to top level port mean? As this would help me solve the IOSTANDARD error.

• Would renaming xvcredlist.exe create problems elsewhere?

• What is this tcl command trying to achieve and why is giving the error? create_bd_cell -type ip -vlnv xilinx.com:ip:c_addsub:12.0 c_addsub_0

• Why can I see xgpio.h in the project explorer tab under src/LED_test_tut1C.c but not under the C/C++ projects tab?

• How can I fix the xgpio.h: no such file or Directory in the SDK?

Thank you for your attention.

I apologize for the wordy post and welcome anyone who can shed light on any of these questions.

Spoiler

Screenshot of SDK.png

IPIblockDiagram.jpg

2 answers to this question

Not sure of the underlying problem ... Often the BSP folder needs to be rebuilt to get the compiler to find include files when compiling the Application
(a) Right click on the bsp folder, it will open a menu
(b) Left click on "Refresh"
That should recompile the BSP folder.
Recompiling the Application may then work.

Below is a snapshot:

image.png

Archived