CMOD A7 -15T Schematic page 5 information OR SOME OTHER EQUIVALENT REFERENCE

Lucky

Question

Hello,

I have the same issue as " CMOD A7 Schematic missing stuff " (topic 17991)  and would like to get more detail for the board.  

Where can I get the missing schematic page or alternative documentation?  I have two Cmod A7-15T and would like to understand the UART and 12 MHz signals and others not shown with input power and UART connection.

thank you

Rick

7 answers to this question

Yes, Please get me a contact for support of this board. 

we do not provide "this information"      I need something!  I thought I had the schematics when I bought the boards.   I don't need the exact schematics but, the reference manual is lacking in the details for the boards osc, voltage supply and UART connection.  

49 minutes ago, Lucky said:

I need something!  I thought I had the schematics when I bought the boards.

You don't make it clear exactly how not having the configuration section of the schematics is preventing you from using the module. The reference xdc constraints file provided by Digilent along with the reference manual should be sufficient to use the module as intended. If you want an easy way to make your own competing product that is seamlessly compatible with Digilent's proprietary supporting software then that's another matter and you'll have to work a bit harder. Anyone can go to FTDI's website and download datasheets and application notes if they want to design a combination JTAG/COM port interface using one of the FTDI devices. Personally, I wish that they had stuck with Cypress for this functionality.

Personally, I doubt that there's much involved here worth being hidden from view. Nor do I believe that the missing schematic page offers the protection that someone at Digilent believes it does. I certainly think that publishing a schematic with pages missing certainly costs in terms of customer good will. The way that they've handled public requests for privileged information through the forum is likely not helping anyone as it just expands the mystery and consternation of it's customers.  What I believe or think in this matter is moot. Digilent can handle such issues as they see fit. I do wish however,  that whoever makes policy decisions would give some reconsideration to this matter for the good of all concerned. This isn't my first exposition on this very same topic so I'm pessimistic about the prospects for change. 

Generally, companies use signed NDA contracts to provide information that they wish to keep restricted. Companies do have the obligation to manage what they see as proprietary information.

Back to the point of my post, it turns out the reference *.pdf manual I downloaded from your site  (called "datasheet" posted here https://store.digilentinc.com/cmod-a7-breadboardable-artix-7-fpga-module/ ) does not look like the links to  section 1, 5, 6 that JColvin posted links.  No 12MHz reference and such (Oscillators/Clocks section missing).   Thanks for posting these.    Maybe you should update the *.pdf reference for the board and a link to the pages you referenced too.

zygot, with all respect, I can stick up for myself.  They might be making too many assumptions and a little on edge, but JColvin did get me some information.

2 hours ago, Lucky said:

zygot, with all respect, I can stick up for myself

You misinterpreted the intent of my post; I wasn't trying to argue on your behalf. I guess that I'm getting weary of reading the same old threads over and over....

Still, I hope that you consider possibility that asking specific and detailed questions might be better than loosely defined ones. I engage on threads based on the assumption that a lot of people read them other than the person with the question and for other reasons. It's not uncommon that thinking about one issue raises other, sometimes more relevant issues. It's great that you got someone to help resolve your issue.

Apologies if you feel that I stepped on your post; my comments could certainly be described as tangential.

Archived