sampling filtering

analog123

Question

hi 

I got my AD2 and started to explore. some silly questions:

1. the sampling rate seems automatically set according to time division selected. why the sampling rate is changed based on the time scale? can it be set by customer at a fixed rate?

2. is there DSP filtering function available, such that I could added a new channel that was low-passed filtered channel of 1+ scope channel?

3. Can the scope graph display real time elapses of signals instead of fixed 8000 samples at fixed time window? how to export to the recorded traces?

3 answers to this question

Hello,

1. When changing the time base the number of samples or sampling rate needs to be changed. 
Similar to traditional bench scopes the device has buffer size limitation, therefore the sampling rate is changed.
The number of samples and rate can be adjusted under the Time gear options.

2. For each channel you can choose filter to be Decimate (Nth 100MHz ADC conversion), Average (average of N conversions), or Min/Max
Where N = 100MHz ADC rate / sampling rate

3. Above 100ms/div the acquisition mode changes to scan Screen mode. You can also choose scan Shift mode (option after the Run button).

3.1 Each instrument has File/Export, from here you can select between acquisition, fft, measurements..., or export channel data under (Scope, Network, Spectrum) channel/trace's gear options, or use the Scope/Logic Logging tool to automate export or write custom export script.

Hello @attila,

I am trying to generate signals around 500Hz with my AD2 and display these on a scope graph in LabVIEW. However, it seems as though time base is .0004 seconds, which is too small to see my signals. When I extend the time base, the scope graph still only displays .0004 seconds worth of data. If this is due to the sampling rate of the AD2, how can I change the default sampling rate so that when I run the AD2 in LabVIEW I am able to see more of my signal?

Thank you. 

Archived