Continuous data logging from Logic analyzer on Waveforms 2

MavenMerkel

Question

Hi,

I want to log continuous data at 100MHz from the logic analyzer in a .csv file but I am unable to understand how to do it or if it is even possible.

The image I have attached is an output of an ADC chip and I want to save the entire captured data on this window into a file but when I use the "Logging" option it only saves 4096 samples of the data. Is it possible to save the entire window in the form of raw data into a .csv file? If so how?

Urgent help would be much appreciated.

data recorded at 40MHz.PNG

1 answer to this question

Hi @MavenMerkel

The Logic Analyzer has multiple operation modes:
- Repeated: Oscilloscope like operation, intended to analyze signal timing or short protocol captures
- Scan Screen/Shift: for monitoring slow signals continuously
- Record: to capture large amount of data
- Sync: allows recording samples synchronized with the chosen clock and enable signals

The Analog Discovery has 4/16k sample device buffer for Repeated or Scan captures, at up to 100MHz. For 16k buffer select the 4th device configuration under Settings/Device Manager.
In Record/Sync mode this is used as buffer and data stream to host over USB, limiting the rate to about 1Msps. The buffer overflow is indicated by "samples lost/could be lost message".
The data compression option for Record lets you capture higher rate signals, like high speed burst with idle portions.

The Digital Discovery has 2Gb 'buffer', which lets you Record:
- 256M samples from 8 channels at up to 800MHz
- 128M samples from 16 channels at up to 400Mhz
- 64M samples from 32 at up to 200MHz

You can find "Raw Data" option under File/Export and View/Logging/ Source.

Archived