Defective item

Danh Hoang

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi @Danh Hoang,

To confirm, you are using a Basys 3? Can you provide a picture of your board while it is plugged in and turned on so I can see the setup (in particular jumper JP1)?

Presuming you are using the Basys 3, are you able to run the GPIO demo that is available for it? This sets up the hardware so that the first switch (SW0) controls the state of the first LED (LD0).

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Danh Hoang,

I apologize for the delay; the likely case is that the first LED burnt out. Since it looks like you probably purchased it within the warranty range (it'll depend which vendor you purchased it from) and I think you would be able to get it replaced (I'm not part of the sales team so I don't have final say on this). I have sent you a PM with some additional details.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hello,

Do you know what I am supposed to do go get it fixed? I purchased it from Digilent website, and they say that I have to post my problem on the Forum so if it was defective, you would send them a quote or something about my case.

Thanks

Danh

14 hours ago, JColvin said:

Hi @Danh Hoang,

I apologize for the delay; the likely case is that the first LED burnt out. Since it looks like you probably purchased it within the warranty range (it'll depend which vendor you purchased it from) and I think you would be able to get it replaced (I'm not part of the sales team so I don't have final say on this). I have sent you a PM with some additional details.

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi @Danh Hoang,

That is correct; our sales team, since they are not engineers and the ideal situation for everybody involved is that a simple fix was found for you that requires the minimal amount of time on everybody's part, so we pursue that option first. Since it does appear to be a manufacturing defect, I will now have our sales team contact you through the information you provided me in a PM.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived