Advice to interface the ARTY to a ADC board that uses LVDS

jcv65

Question

Good day,

I need to interface an ARTY board to an ADC evaluation board from Analog Devices (EVAL-AD7626/25FMCZ).  This ADC board only interfaces via LVDS but I understand the ARTY does not have any ports with this standard.  I need your advice in how to best approach this problem.  I need to connect 4 pairs of LVDS signals to the ARTY, 2 pairs will be inputs and the other two will be outputs.

At this time I am planning to make a PCB to interconnect these two boards (on one end this PCB will connect with the ARTY's high-speed PMODs, on the other it will connect with the ADC board's FMC connector.  I plan to include LVDS drivers (i.e. an external IC) to connect the ADC inputs to the Arty's outputs.   Now, for the connection between the ADC LVDS outputs to the ARTY's inputs I understand that I may be able via the PMOD high-speed differential inputs. Is this correct?  In this case I would not know if I need to install a resistor between each differential input pair to comply with the LVDS standard...

I will appreciate your comments about the idea above and also on any advice on how to connect the ARTY's PMODs HighSpeed differential outputs to the LVDS drivers.

Thanks

1 answer to this question

Archived