Returns for repair?

300cpilot

We purchased a Nexys Video Artix-7 FPGA: Trainer Board and we thought it was us that just could not get it to work, but it turns out that there is something wrong with the uart.

I'm not sure on the warranty period on these but imagine it is short. Any insight would be appreciated.

Hi @300cpilot,

The warranty as I understand it is a one month time frame (based on the shipping and returns policy on the Digilent website) but if you are an academic customer it might be a bit longer. Unfortunately, we don't perform any repairs for our boards, though depending on what situation is, we may be able to help get your Nexys Video working. Can you provide some more details about what you mean with regards to the UART? Are you able to program your board otherwise?

Thanks,
JColvin

HI @300cpilot,

If the port is truly broken and can't be simply bent back into place (I have done this successfully with a few boards that have been damaged this way and been able to communicate with them) and the PCB traces are not damaged, then you might be successful in replacing the micro USB connector itself (some more information on this thread). And to clarify, which port are you referring to on the Nexys Video that was damaged? The "PROG" port (J12) or the "UART" port (J13). Serial traffic will only be available on the UART port.

Thanks,
JColvin

• 4 weeks later...

Archived