Vivado IP management

Antonio Fasano

Question

Hi, Guys,

Suppose I am using a certain IP that is located at directory named AA    c:\VivadoProjects\AA\

I have exported the project to another directory (BB) and I have given the project another name           c:\VivadoProjects\BB

But the fact is that the new project is still grabbing files from the first directory AA (Specifically one of the IIPs) and If I delete the first directory, the IP gets unresolved.

How can I make sure that all the necessary files and IPs are exported to the new directory and no longer need the original directory files  ?

Thanks

Antonio

2 answers to this question

When adding HDL sources to a project you can add files from a particular directory or add copies into a new project. For IP generated by Vivado or ISE things get messy because the tools don't always specify source files relative to the current project. This can be irksome when you change the IP in a source project to fit the needs of a current project.

Sometimes short-cuts have negative consequences. My advise is to re-create IP for new projects. It takes a little longer but you don't have to contend with surprises.

Archived