Genesys2 output Not Working after succesful jtag programming

piccolo

Question

Hi,

I was using the board (with only usb-wart port and some pmods connected) with the default demo loaded through the QSPI, the fan started spinning, so i pressed the 'reset' and 'prog ' buttons in order to re-program it.

The 'done' led do not switch on (the 'busy' one blinked for a fraction of second)... At this point I thought there was a problem with the qspi memory so i flashed my own firmware (which was working just a couple of minutes before).

The programming operation went well with no error or waring signaled by vivado, and with the 'done' led switching on, but no output was coming from the board (led, pmod, uart).

I also tried to load both my firmware and OOB one on the qspi but without success...

Is this a known problem? Is there any suggested solution? Is it an hardware problem?

Thank you,

Piccolo

2 answers to this question

I can't provide it right now, I'll post the picture as soon as possible, but when the problem happened only the two USBs for JTAG and UART were connected.

I used JP4 on USB-JTAG and tried to use JP5 both on QSPI-JTAG and JTAG only.

I the mean time a I tried to program the FPGA via USB-drive (which hangs indefinitely with the 'busy' led slowly blinking) and directly via JTAG (which ill produce the same result of USB-JTAG).

Usually I don't press them simultaneously, maybe I did it not on purpose without noticing it. Can this be the source of the problem?

I have Vivado v2019.1 Installed.

Thanks,

Piccolo

Archived