JTAG-HS2 program issue

Chase

Question

Hi Digilent,

I often got a information " The selected cable is being used by another application. Please retry the current operation. " from ISE iMPACT 14.7 when I used JTAG-HS2 device to program xilinx Spartan-6 device.

But I did't use JTAG to do anything. I had make sure the driver is last. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks.

5 answers to this question

Hi @Chase,

Have you tried closing out ISE iMPACT and then re-opening it and/or restarting the computer? Occasionally drivers can get confused about what is connected; I've run into this same issue before and successfully resolved it in that way. As an additional question, have you successfully gotten the downstream Spartan-6 device to be detected before? Do you have Digilent's Adept software open at the same time as iMPACT?

If that doesn't work, we can troubleshoot further.

Thanks,
JColvin

On 9/19/2019 at 11:06 AM, Chase said:

Hi Digilent,

I often got a information " The selected cable is being used by another application. Please retry the current operation. " from ISE iMPACT 14.7 when I used JTAG-HS2 device to program xilinx Spartan-6 device.

But I did't use JTAG to do anything. I had make sure the driver is last. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks.

Hello

I have also such a problem. But relaunching iMPACT or restarting the PC is not helpful!

Edited by ARHasani