Vivado not reading cora z7-07s board file

emma9513

Question

I am fairly new to the Vivado and Digilent world, but I've worked with FPGAs before. I have a cora z7-07s board. I have followed the tutorials for downloading and installing the board files. I've read back through it multiple times. 

Here is the directly where I am placing the board files: C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2019.1\data\boards\board_files

The cora-z7-07s folder is showing inside of the board_files folder. I then restart/boot vivado 2019.1, create a project. When the dialog box for the board selection appears, I cannot find the cora z7-07s board, or even the Zynq XC7Z007S-1CLG400C chip that the board uses. 

I cannot figure out why it is not finding the board.

11 answers to this question

Hi @emma9513,

If that is the case, I would suspect that during the original installation of Vivado that the Zynq chips were not added in.

You can add them in by going to the Help tab in Vivado and then selecting "Add Design Tools or Devices". You'll then be asked to log in to your Xilinx account, whereupon afterwards you'll be able to select the Zynq-7000 chips under SoCs in the Devices category. After adding those in and restarting Vivado, you should be able to see those chips and the Cora show up in the board selection screen.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
JColvin

Hello @JColvin,

I have same type of problem but in my vivado 2015.4 Cora Z7-10 is showing but Cora Z7-07S is not appear even i selected the zynq 7000 chip while installation still the xcz007s part also not appear. 

Thanks and Regard

satvik

Archived