tera term for two pmods

johnsan1

Question

Hello,

Does anyone know if I can have two pmods showing in tera term? I had two ad2 pmods connected to my ja port and one to my jd port in my fpga board and I want to see what both are showing in tera term, but when I open tera term only one of them shows.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

The PmodAD2 communicates over I2C protocol with the main board on which the Pmod is plugged. The PmodAD2 has no UART / USB capabilities.

It is the main board that communicates - using its USB-UART capability - with the PC. Connecting the board using a USB cable creates a COM port on the PC. When you open a TeraTerm (or other terminal) connection, you select the COM port.

Therefore a possible approach could be to have 2 PmodAD2 connected to a single main board, in different Pmod connectors. The SDK application should gather the AD2 data (measurements), format a text message containing these measurements, and then sending the text message over UART to the PC, to be later visualized in a terminal.

What application are you running on the FPGA board ? You should modify it to read the other Pmod as well.

Archived