Measurement channel extention / SW control

FloMai

Question

How many Analoge Discovery 2 instruments can be connected and controlled to one PC via WaveForms?

What is the max number of units?

Is it possible to use/display 32 digital channel in parallel setup in waveform?

Would be happy for a positive reply, thanks in advance!

Br Flo

2 answers to this question

Hi @FloMai,

I have moved your question to a more appropriate section of the forum. There is a thread here (containing some additional threads with further details discussing the same topic) that I would recommend looking through. It is possible to use multiple AD2's on a computer though each require their own instance of Waveforms. The total number will depend on your machine setup and power capability.

Because each Analog Discovery 2 needs a separate instance of WaveForms you will not be able to see 32 digital channels on a single GUI screen, though you can have one AD2 trigger it's acquisition based on a different AD2.

Thanks,
JColvin

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 9:29 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @FloMai,

I have moved your question to a more appropriate section of the forum. There is a thread here (containing some additional threads with further details discussing the same topic) that I would recommend looking through. It is possible to use multiple AD2's on a computer though each require their own instance of Waveforms. The total number will depend on your machine setup and power capability.

Because each Analog Discovery 2 needs a separate instance of WaveForms you will not be able to see 32 digital channels on a single GUI screen, though you can have one AD2 trigger it's acquisition based on a different AD2.

Thanks,
JColvin

all right thanks a lot!

Archived