JTAG-SMT2-NC "USB Device not Recognized"

ub3rmike

Question

I am attempting to communicate to a JTAG-SMT2-NC, but my PC does not recognize the device. The device manager lists it as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" Vivado's hardware manager was unable to detect my FPGA via the JTAG-SMT2-NC. Even though Vivado should natively support the JTAG-SMT2-NC, I confirmed that the Digilent drivers are installed. Digilent Adept is unable to detect the JTAG-SMT2-NC as well. I have the latest FTDI drivers installed as well. I've physically probed the pins on the JTAG-SMT2-NC to for the expected voltages, and used different USB cables. 

Is there any guidance for overcoming this issue? Thanks! 

Edit: I've also attempted to manually install the driver in device manager and got "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" error. I've attached a screenshot.

Capture.JPG

11 answers to this question

On 10/31/2019 at 10:32 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @Devendra Pundir,

The solution that we have is only compatible with Digilent devices. Does your custom board contain a Digilent chip like one of our JTAG boards? If so, what do you see when you connect to the Digilent Adept software?

Thanks,
JColvin

yes , In our custom board we are using Diligent adept "JTAG-SMT2-NC " on board Jtag for debugging and downloading purpose .Instead of that we are able to use external diligent adept jtag  "Digilent 410-249 - JTAG-HS2 Programming Cable ".Our system is able to recognize this programming cable driver but when we are using driver issue is coming .

Thanks &regards

Devendra pundir

Hi @Devendra Pundir,

I apologize for the delay.

I am a little confused about the situation you described. If I understand it correctly, the Vivado Hardware Manager is able to detect the JTAG HS2 and your custom FPGA board downstream from the JTAG HS2, but the Vivado Hardware Manager is not able to recognize the JTAG SMT2 NC and the downstream FPGA?

Thanks,
JColvin

On 11/8/2019 at 11:05 PM, JColvin said:

Hi @Devendra Pundir,

I apologize for the delay.

I am a little confused about the situation you described. If I understand it correctly, the Vivado Hardware Manager is able to detect the JTAG HS2 and your custom FPGA board downstream from the JTAG HS2, but the Vivado Hardware Manager is not able to recognize the JTAG SMT2 NC and the downstream FPGA?

Thanks,
JColvin

Hi JColvin,

In our custom board two JTAG connections is there, one is from Jtag hs2 and another one from JTAG SMT2 NC . Check in the picture down below.

I am also attaching schematic of  JTAG connections has be done in our Board .In schematic you will found JP1 which can be connected to JTAG HS2 and another one is USB JTAG  which ON board Jtag connections.

so in this JTAG hs2 is working fine but when with ON board we are facing issue ,the system manager is showing "USB DEVICE is not Recognized "

IMG-20191111-WA0012.jpg

JTAG connection.xps

Hi @Devendra Pundir,

Looking at your attached schematic, it looks like the JTAG SMT2 is connected to port J2, whereas your picture shows a cable attached to J1 instead; is this correct?

And as an additional question, when you are testing the JTAG SMT2 connection, I presume the JTAG HS2 is not connected to your computer during that time? It is my understanding that Vivado is only able to make one connection at a time.

Hi JColvin,

"And as an additional question, when you are testing the JTAG SMT2 connection, I presume the JTAG HS2 is not connected to your computer during that time? It is my understanding that Vivado is only able to make one connection at a time."

Yes, correct

currently we are working with JTAG hs2 connection only as JTAG SMT 2 is not working.

Archived