Analog Discovery Studio MATLAB add-on

Erkang

Question

Hi, We bought Analog Discovery Studio. It works fine with the waveform software. But the MATLAB R2016a cannot even identify this devise. I have "Data acquisition toolbox" and "Data Acquisition Toolbox Support Package for Digilent Analog Discovery Hardware" installed. Could you tell me what else should I install in order to have matlab identify Analog Discovery Studio?

Thanks a lot

3 answers to this question

Hi @Erkang

The Analog Discovery Studio should be supported by MatLab 2018a. The ADS has identical device ID to AD2, only the device variant is different.
https://www.mathworks.com/hardware-support/digilent-analog-discovery.html

The DAQ toolbox support package filters the devices based on ID. That is why MatLab 2013a supported only the AD(1).
In 2018a AD2 was added. I don't think MatLab support looks for variant ID, so it should work with ADS too.

See related post:

Thanks a lot, @attila

I use the code you attached to acquire data from two oscilloscope channels, I checked the available analog channels using 'FDwfAnalogInChannelCount' , it shows there are 2 available channel. But after configurate the device using 'calllib('dwf', 'FDwfAnalogInConfigure', hdwf, 0, 1)', all the output of one oscilloscope channel have the same value, -0.0026. All the output of another channel have same value of 0.9906. I even commented out the ''FDwfAnalogInConfigure', but the outputs of two osc channels still remain the same. So I think the device configuration command does not take any effect. So that osc channel 0 only have low voltage output, osc channel 1 only has high voltage output. Could you tell me why this configuration command does not work? I even tried to use logical(0) and logical(1), instead of 0 and 1, as the input arguments. But that does not fix the problem.

Archived