riste.karashabanov

Question

Hello everyone

I am a student in bachelors and I am working on a project combining Digital Image Processing and FPGA programming. The project consists of global image thresholding but should be done real-time by the FPGA and returning the output image back to PC/laptop. 

I have the Nexys Video board but I still haven't figured out how to "import" the images. Is it even possible to store data in the FPGA's buffer/RAM? 
If someone could help me with importing/exporting data I would be very grateful. My course in FPGA includes programming in VHDL instead of Verilog, so that's the one I am using.

Every information would be helpful.

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, riste.karashabanov said:

My course in FPGA includes programming in VHDL instead of Verilog, so that's the one I am using.

Don't be afraid of incorporating Verilog modules into your VHDL code; as long as you don't intend to do extensive modifications to them. You can instantiate a Verilog module in your VHDL code, just as you would a VHDL component. You just need to convert the module declaration into a form that VHDL understands. ONly a very minimal understanding of Verilog concepts is needed to do this with rare exceptions.

1 hour ago, zygot said:

Don't be afraid of incorporating Verilog modules into your VHDL code; as long as you don't intend to do extensive modifications to them. You can instantiate a Verilog module in your VHDL code, just as you would a VHDL component. You just need to convert the module declaration into a form that VHDL understands. ONly a very minimal understanding of Verilog concepts is needed to do this with rare exceptions.

Thank you very much, I didn't know that was possible. Although I've never working with Verilog before, so It's a bit confusing for me.

Archived