Scope, Script and StaticIO

Matt B

Question

Hello, 

I am having a issue writing a script to turn on a digital output for pulse width measurement. I have two measurements. One has a pulse width of about 45us and the other around 80us. I have tried to display the Pulse Width using script and I am having issues. I would like to use the pulse width measurements and check it for tolerance. If measurement is good, turn on output. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi @Matt B

The beta version adds access to Logic Analyzer measurements:
https://forum.digilentinc.com/topic/8908-waveforms-beta-download/

The following Script changes the DIO15 output based on DIO0 negative width measurement at 60us threshold.

Logic.run()
while(Logic.wait()){
    var sw = Logic.Channels.DIO0.measure("NegWidth")
    StaticIO.Channel1.DIO15.value = sw>60e-6?1:0
}

image.thumb.png.350ef08b32bb8e11547f21f8f02be8cf.png

I do not think that will work for this application. I am actually testing a sensor. I am using the trigger to get the pulse from the sensor. The pulse responds differently to rotation in the clockwise/cc direction. I am measuring that Pulse width and checking to make sure it is in tolerance. If it is within tolerance I will activate StaticIO output.

If I could get the measurement of the NegWidth or PosWidth from the Scope into a variable in Script, I may be able figure this out.

Hi @Matt B,

I'm not certain how to do this in script, but you can choose to set a trigger to occur based on the length of a pulse width input, though I don't think it will readily test between a range of pulse times. I have attached a screenshot of what the settings would look like for the trigger.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Thank you,
JColvin

ad2 trigger.png

Archived